Telehealth demands and treatment options are on the rise and increase every year. While patient telehealth needs were growing before COVID-19, the increase in telehealth offerings over the past two years has made remote treatment options more popular than ever. For providers, it’s important to be able to measure the progress of telehealth treatment to meet patient needs, reduce practitioner fatigue, and provide the highest level of care.
Are you looking for behavioral health telehealth platforms? The team at Sunwave Health can help. Our single integrated software platform provides responsive, value-based support for patients and providers, including an easy-to-use, mobile-friendly telehealth platform. Learn more about how our software can help you measure the progress of telehealth treatments now by calling our team at 561.576.6037.
Benefits of Behavioral Health Telehealth Platforms and Treatment
Behavioral health needs are on the rise, alongside the demand for telehealth treatment. For those living in remote locations or with access needs that keep them from visiting a clinic each day, telehealth provides equitable, accessible care. Most times, hybrid telehealth and clinic treatment can help keep patients on a treatment plan, reduce medication management confusion, and help providers better track patient care. Behavioral health telehealth platforms can offer a number of benefits for both patients and providers:
- Increased access to care: Telehealth platforms can make it easier for patients to access care, particularly for those who live in rural or underserved areas.
- Convenience: Telehealth allows patients to receive care from the comfort of their own home, without the need to travel to a healthcare facility.
- Reduced cost: Telehealth can reduce the cost of care by eliminating the need for patients to pay for transportation and other related expenses.
- Improved treatment adherence: Telehealth platforms can help patients stay connected with their providers and adhere to their treatment plans, which can improve outcomes.
- Greater flexibility: Telehealth allows providers to offer care at different times and locations, which can be helpful for patients with busy schedules or disabilities that make it difficult to travel.
- Improved communication: Telehealth platforms can facilitate communication between patients and providers, which can improve the quality of care.
- Enhanced privacy: Telehealth can provide a more private and confidential setting for patients to discuss sensitive issues.
Most times, telehealth can increase the number of appointment offerings without compromising patient care or provider energy. For many, this can improve retention rates and help clients receive the care they need no matter where they are in their treatment journey.
Tips for Measuring Telehealth Patient Progress
Measuring patient progress is essential in behavioral health. While providers know recovery is never linear, there are easy ways to track telehealth patient progress. When assessing a patient’s progress with telehealth, consider the following:
- Set specific and measurable goals: Clearly define what you want to achieve with telehealth treatment and how you will measure progress towards these goals.
- Use standardized assessment tools: Use established and validated assessment tools to objectively measure patient progress.
- Track progress over time: Regularly assess patient progress and track changes over time to identify trends and determine the effectiveness of treatment.
- Involve patients in the process: Encourage patients to set their own goals and track their own progress. This can help to increase patient engagement and ownership of their treatment.
- Use multiple methods of assessment: Utilize a variety of assessment methods, such as self-report measures, behavioral observations, and physiological measures, to get a more comprehensive understanding of patient progress.
- Consider the patient’s perspective: In addition to objective measures, it is important to consider the patient’s subjective experiences and perceptions of their progress.
- Use technology to facilitate tracking: There are many telehealth platforms and tools that can help to streamline the process of tracking patient progress.
By following these tips, you can effectively measure telehealth patient progress and make adjustments to treatment as needed. And while some may worry it’s more difficult to track patient progress with telehealth than in-person care, today’s telehealth platforms come with tools to assess patient engagement and satisfaction without compromising clinicians’ time.
Behavioral Health Telehealth Platforms For Better Patient Care
Telehealth is the present and future of behavioral healthcare. Finding the right telehealth platform is essential for patient and provider success. If you’re ready to get started with integrated telehealth care for behavioral and mental healthcare, Sunwave can help. Our responsive telehealth platform is designed to:
- Track and increase ROI
- Elevate performance with a full view of your business
- Streamline billing, medication management, and integrative treatment
- Implement value-based care
- Alumni Management
Our easy-to-use software helps providers, patients, and loved ones seamlessly track treatment on phones, tablets, and PCs. With built-in telehealth communication, Sunwave is the only tool patients and providers need, reducing treatment costs, time, and anxiety. Designed for behavioral health, Sunwave’s responsive software works with patients’ journeys, including treatment breaks and reentry.
On the forefront of accessible, value-based care, our software helps increase provider ROI, patient success rates, and equity in behavioral healthcare.
Learn More About What Sunwave Can Do for Your Behavioral Healthcare Business
Learn more about our telehealth treatment platform and how it can help you track telehealth treatment progress. Call us now at 561.576.6037 to speak with our team about integrating Sunwave into your business, or fill out our online contact form and let us get back to you.